Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Godiva, maple syrup cookies, chinese and the gym


Why this title?

Because I think I have been indulging the last few days, in chocolate really. This was the beginning of the first work week for 2007 for many of my colleagues and this also meant that there were many goodies going around, not all of them scoring many points on the health scale. But how can a girl, especially me resist Godiva chocolatier especially when boxes are opened and sitting right there asking to be picked. This was my dilemma, how to try to make my willpower win over eating the chocolates but alas I was not very successful. Mind you if this was any other chocolate it would have worked but me and Godiva we are like ebony and ivory and I can never pass them over. That was not my only sin for the week though, next in line were cookies, maple syrup ones from Canada and they were divine. Since Monday I have been eating at least 2 each morning, no not for breakfast but as a snack to help me get my sugar fix for the day. And then I completed it with having Chinese for lunch and I had to somehow get to the gym. And I did. What did I do? I did what I do best; I got a treadmill and ran for life... over the hills and down by the valleys for 30 minutes straight and then I was ready to stop and feeling like crap.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read together and run together. Enjoy the chocolate and cookies. And live. It's not about the bike.