Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gymming.. was it a good decision

Well, yes.. I did it... I mean I joined a gym finally... but only because running on the streets became harder and harder to do... too many gawkers... too many comments and really too much stress on my knees because I was running on concrete so I opted for the safe thing... gymming... so when did I join? Last Thursday... that was exactly one week ago and I did have a good workout on Thursday, and Friday and also Saturday before I took a break on Sunday. Then I did work out again on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday and today I have just been too busy to go... no really.... am not making excuses... just been too busy... though I must MUST go tomorrow and have a long workout to make up for what I have missed today and yesterday!

And as far as the gym goes, it is good.. it is great in fact.. want to know why? Well firstly, it's close to my work so I can make it a point to drop in on most days during lunch or after work and secondly, the equipment are pretty decent and new and most importantly... it is never crowded... which has now made me come to the conclusion that in this particular culture.. (no we are not mentioning which here) people are just interested in signing up but lose their motivation to go and for the gym, it does not really matter as the memberships have already been paid.. and unlike some gyms where they call you up and make you feel guilty for not turning up for your regular gym session... it does not happen here... in the one week that I have been here, I have found it to be sleepy... no not the music... the music is good... but the place is just practically empty save for one or two people.. and I have not seen the same face twice... either that or I must be going to the gym at really odd times... but I think its the former and not the latter....

Anyway, so I feel better overall now.. knowing that I do go to the gym.. I do make an effort to work out... and I actually do feel like my clothes fit me better....

So what actually brought this on??? I will tell you in my next entry... but I can give you a hint.. it was a trip to a certain hilly country where I started going to the gym and seeing the result of a daily 60 min run and what it can do to my physique...

anyway.. I got to run now ... not literally... but to dinner... will definitely try putting in a new entry tomorrow because it has been way too long and I need to pick up on my act.

No comments: