Friday, September 15, 2006

Badminton, garage roller door and me!

Yes, so yesterday was another Badminton day... nothing remarkable to report on that other than the fact that we played good badminton for a while. Given my recent interest in this game, I have even googled to see how many calories I will be lighter after a game. Well, I have found that there are different levels- competitive badminton and social badminton.. no I don't think I am a true fit for either, so I might just settle for something inbetween and assume I must be buring close to 300 calories for an hour of badminton.

Anyway, after a long sweaty match, I head home and thank God! driving was actually not that much of a nightmare because it turned out that there was not much traffic on the road. So I reach home, thinking about a hot shower and my bed and alas I could not open the garage door. I fumbled and fumbled with the remote but no it would just not budge. I then had to resort to the manual over-ride and it was the chain- the rusty chain which took ages of pulling before I could roll the door enought to squeeze my car through. And so I try calling various people and eventually learnt that the problem was not electric, but indeed it was the motor of the door and I had to resort to the people who installed it. Upon calling them and this is the best bit even though it might be a bit hard to believe.. they wanted me to dismantle the motor from high atop the wall on top of the garage door and bring it to them so they can have a look. Reasonable?? I say no, definitely not in the name of customer service! The gentleman tried to make me do it but I refused as politely as I could and somehow they have agreed to come and have a look, not today but tommorow in the morning.. yeah right!!! Would believe it when it actually happens.. as far as I have learnt in this country of very hospitable people, you can forget about getting any service if you are calling an establish for just that- help! So help me God!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a nice blog for those who are concerned about security both residentially and commercially. As I have got from Steel Roller Doors

Unknown said...

Such a nice blog! .
Get security as I have got from Steel Roller Shutter Doors

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing views.
The Security Window And Door have in addition to its shading usage a security factor that can be apply to any residential or commercial use.